Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Howdy, Readers

Howdy, readers, and welcome to In A Hick Town, a collection of my musings about small town Texas life. My name is Tanner, and I am NOT a redneck. I’m a sophisticated, intelligent individual. I have a Mac.

Thing is, I live in Texas, the hick capital of the world. Here, people think it’s acceptable to do the most ridiculous things, like shoot animals and wear camouflage to church. For someone like myself, that shops at Gap and doesn’t leave the house without hand sanitizer, it makes me cringe. In the words of Green Day, “maybe I’m a faggot, America; I’m not a part of a redneck agenda.”

You may think I’m a misfit in this little Southern village. And if you do, well, you’re absolutely correct. I don’t understand most of the people here, and they don’t really get me either. It seems impossible that I was born in such a crazy place to such ridiculous people. Small town Texas is no place for the timid or metrosexual. But, I’ve learned to adapt to the cornfed craziness, and it’s taught me a lot about appreciating diversity. And, I've been here long enough to know where to find a little culture. Nonetheless, some of it’s phenomenons will never be fully understood.

So now for the part that you’ve been waiting for: the purpose of this blog. In A Hick Town will consist of my thoughts and opinions, rants, and anecdotes about my experiences in this neck of the woods. I’ll explain Southern phenomenons to outsiders and onlookers, and of course, every month’s installment of Hicktown Survival Guide, so make sure you follow with your Google account. Stay tuned for next month's installment! And that’s the way we get down...

In A Hick Town.

P.S.- In A Hick Town is kept alive by our sponsors, whose ads are plastered about the site. The more often you visit their sites, the more often I can update this one. So, check them out!

R3DTB9YW9XP6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments